10 Tips for Intercepting Hustle
Last month, I wrote about how clearing the physical clutter is an act of self-care. This month I’m offering up the concept of Self-Authority and how you can claim more time by de-cluttering your life which will ease the Hustle energy.
First off, what is self-authority?
Co-Active Leadership 5 Ways To Lead book says “the journey of Self-Authority begins in the immediate moment with the decision to take responsibility for the authorship of one’s life”
Stepping into your self-authority is the key that unlocks your ability to design the life YOU WANT. If you don’t want to hustle, then it’s up to you to discard the things in your life causing the hustling energy.
First, to design the life you love, there is some clutter that needs to be cleared out. Whether it’s mind clutter, people, obligations, etc, an assessment is necessary to declutter what is not working for you right now.
I’m going to make a bold statement here. Ready?
You make choices about what works and what doesn’t work for you. You are responsible for the life you want to create.
AND it takes courage to be responsible for the authorship of your life. I believe you can do it. I offer up these 10 steps towards self-authority in the spirit of decluttering your life so you can create the life you love.
Set an appointment on your calendar called “Hustle Inventory” so you have time focused on the rest of the tips. Your future self will LOVE you for this. (min 30 min, 6o min is even better!)
- Breath. At the beginning on your Hustle Inventory time, take a few minutes to just sit and focus on your breathing. This will calm your mind, body, and spirit and opens you up to creative thinking.
- Now make a list of everything you are tolerating that creates the hustling energy. Ask yourself “What are the things causing me stress/worry/anxiety right now?
- Sort it. Create 5 categories where you can slot each item on your list.
- Return it. Are there items on your list that really belong to someone else, but somehow you’ve taken ownership of them? If so, give it back for them to handle.
- Dump It. What is on this list that has been there for longer than 3 months? Will anyone notice if it doesn’t happen? The world hasn’t stopped yet because it’s not done.
- Delegate it. Is there someone in your life that can help you with your at lease one of the current obligations?
- Do It. Pick one thing that you can prioritize to get done ASAP. If you’ve been avoiding it, now is the time to get ‘et done. Imagine how you will feel when it’s checked off the list?
- Say Yes! Find something to add to this list that brings you JOY. By saying yes to what brings you joy, you open the capacity for the rest of your list.
- Celebrate! You just took a step towards letting go of all the clutter renting space in your head. How does it feel? Give yourself a High Five or send me a note so I can give you a High Five! It is a lot of fun to celebrate with someone else.
Imagine setting aside time in your schedule on a quarterly or monthly basis to follow the Hustle Inventory steps. You’ll start seeing results in your life because it’s aligning to the life YOU WANT. If you get stuck or want to achieve results faster, please connect with me. I am on a quest to help my clients Create a Life They Love with more Ease and Flow.